The STA Blog - Tag: inflation
The countries which make up the G7 ( Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, United Kingdom and USA) have met each year since the 1970s. The 2021 summit will be the 47th meeting to take place and the first to be […]
I’ve gone and given the game away. I was going to get you to guess what my first chart was about, but was too tempted to use the line Elaine Page sang in her iconic role in the musical Evita […]
Describing himself as a financial historian Russell Napier’s talk at the STA’s December meeting was thorough yet refreshing. Willing to cut through jargon, slice and dice received wisdom, hack through complacency, and generally challenge the status quo, he certainly got […]
Earlier this year – mid-February to be precise – the Weekend FT’s Money section printed an article by John Dizard. Considered one of their more serious commentators, the piece was entitled ‘Technical analysts have a pretty gloomy outlook for risk […]
Trading the wholesale markets for the last 35 years, I have been thinking about the changes I have seen.
Most obvious of course is technology, the advent of computing power revolutionising the way we technical analysts work, the quantity of data we can deal with, and the choices we have available to us. Not forgetting search engines so that we can quickly double-check details we have forgotten and theories we are a bit flaky on. I find Wikipedia and StockCharts.com invaluable when unsure of which parameter is the default for a particular analysis – and so on.
- Trend Following – A Complete Edge for the Private Investor July 29, 2021
- STA & ACI UK DEBATE – 2021 OUTLOOK: MID YEAR REVIEW July 19, 2021
- Market reaction to US June non-farm payroll data: Released Friday 2nd July 12:30 GMT July 5, 2021
- ‘The Case for 2021 Harnessing Super Long Term Cycles to Gain a Competitive Advantage’: A presentation by Andrew Pancholi for IFTA July 1, 2021
- Stupid spikes and Johnny-come-latelies : follow on from extreme rectangles (last week’s blog) June 24, 2021
- A fireside chat with author Jack D Schwager: He of Market Wizards fame on
- Market Wizards – and their lesser known cohorts: Jack Schwager hits the book launch circuit on
- Colours, clashes and clichés: How and why use colourful charts on
- Do you know Aroon? I do, but not very well on
- Must read classics: Richard W Schabacker – the real bible of technical analysis on
Posts by Date
The views and opinions expressed on the STA’s blog do not necessarily represent those of the Society of Technical Analysts (the “STA”), or of any officer, director or member of the STA. The STA makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information on the blog or found by following any link on blog, and none of the STA, STA Administrative Services or any current or past executive board members are liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. None of the information on the STA’s blog constitutes investment advice.