The STA Blog - Tag: Behavioural finance
Anyone involved in the trading community will know of the plethora of classes, coaches, gurus and what not out there willing to turn you into an overnight success. Each has their special angle, be it motivation, risk control, discipline and Zen Buddhism. There are also excellent text books, one of the oldest of its kind is Dale Carnegie’s 1936 ‘How to win Friends and Influence People’. Now available as an audiobook which I think is currently free on Alexa hardware.
Currently Chief Market Strategist at StockCharts.com in Seattle, I’ve known David from his Bloomberg days. He also has a blog called The Mindful Investor, on which this excellent webinar is broadly based. Interestingly, his first chart maps the high and lows of his career progress as a technical analyst. An idea cobbled from interviewee graphic designer Ken, who he subsequently hired. Creativity and thinking outside the box are David’s strengths.
One of technical analysis’ great legends, and a slick speaker, Robert Prechter enthralled his audience – even the sceptics among them – with his presentation at IFTA’s annual conference held in London in 2014. As part of our effort to […]
Describing himself as a coach and consultant who teaches on the STA’s Diploma course, veteran City trader Steven Goldstein (the punters’ magician) laid out his cards at yesterday’s STA monthly meeting. Wowing members, one guest was overheard saying later that, […]
For those of you who could not make it to the STA Annual Dinner yesterday, we offer a glimpse into what was another successful and enjoyable evening. Pre-dinner drinks in the so-called smoking room (which is only permitted on the […]
- STA and ACI Annual Panel Debate: Virtual, and very slick January 14, 2021
- ‘That Was the Year that Was’ And a happy New Year to all STA members and followers January 5, 2021
- ‘How we get what we value’: In this difficult December December 17, 2020
- Christmas Quiz goes off with a bang!: And a lot of tricky questions December 9, 2020
- Bespoke Advent calendar for technical analysts: Virtual, of course December 1, 2020
- A fireside chat with author Jack D Schwager: He of Market Wizards fame on
- Market Wizards – and their lesser known cohorts: Jack Schwager hits the book launch circuit on
- Technical Analysis by Clive Lambert MSTA: A journey through a career in the City using Technical Analysis on
- Colours, clashes and clichés: How and why use colourful charts on
- Technical Analysis in a negative world: Who pays who? on
Posts by Date
The views and opinions expressed on the STA’s blog do not necessarily represent those of the Society of Technical Analysts (the “STA”), or of any officer, director or member of the STA. The STA makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information on the blog or found by following any link on blog, and none of the STA, STA Administrative Services or any current or past executive board members are liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. None of the information on the STA’s blog constitutes investment advice.