The STA Blog - Tag: Excess
Timed to perfection – as even mainstream news cottoned on to the effect soaring wholesale energy prices would have on retail and business customers – the hybrid conference (part via video link and part in person) kicked off at Chelsea […]
Almost 40 years ago I started on my quest to learn about derivatives markets and how to use technical analysis on their price charts. My ‘speciality’ – if one can call it that – was being a few steps ahead […]
Rather than chamomile tea and a collection of soothing fairy tales for your night table, I have better ideas as to what you should read this winter. Not horror stories or fantasy gladiators, but cautionary tales; sort of in the […]
‘Too Much and Never Enough: My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man’ – A tell-all memoir by Mary Trump
Unsurprisingly this book, published on the 14th July 2020 and which her uncle, the US President tried to ban, sold 1 million copies in its first day! From some of the brief book reviews I’ve read, Fred Trump Senior (Donald’s Dad) comes across as a particularly nasty specimen who moulded and manipulated his five children and disinherited Mary and her brother.
Media outlets – and not just financial ones – have been getting terribly excited about the share price of US electric vehicle-maker Tesla. Admittedly the firm has stolen a march over its competitors, and Mr Musk has an army of ardent fans who almost believe he’s a visionary who can walk on water. But at the heart of speculation is whether, and how quickly, can his shares hit the $1,000 mark. Price action recently has been almost vertical – with a sharp stumble here and there. Cassandras, predictably, are saying it’ll end in tears.
- ‘‘The digital euro is on the move!’’ ‘We need to prepare our currency for the future’, Christine Lagarde November 21, 2023
- ‘Surfing the Waves of Social Mood’ STA presentation by Robert R. Prechter, CMT November 16, 2023
- Fickle followers of fashion: Who, and why, do they choose to move on? November 10, 2023
- Crisis, what crisis? Can technical analysis help? October 24, 2023
- Keep their quant tactics incognito October 11, 2023
- A fireside chat with author Jack D Schwager: He of Market Wizards fame on
- Market Wizards – and their lesser known cohorts: Jack Schwager hits the book launch circuit on
- Colours, clashes and clichés: How and why use colourful charts on
- Do you know Aroon? I do, but not very well on
- Must read classics: Richard W Schabacker – the real bible of technical analysis on
Posts by Date
The views and opinions expressed on the STA’s blog do not necessarily represent those of the Society of Technical Analysts (the “STA”), or of any officer, director or member of the STA. The STA makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information on the blog or found by following any link on blog, and none of the STA, STA Administrative Services or any current or past executive board members are liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. None of the information on the STA’s blog constitutes investment advice.