The STA Blog - Tag: Stochastics
The media, the world and his mother are well aware that all sorts of consumer prices have been rising sharply since Q3 2021; now it’s the turn for central banks to sit up and smell the roses – and pretend […]
A regular guest on this 10:30 am slot, host Victoria Scholar slickly puts charting veteran Lee through his paces. Interestingly, he kicks off with FX cross the Kiwi (New Zealand dollar, for the uninitiated) against the Canadian dollar. While these ‘commodity’ currencies (plus the Australian dollar) feature regularly on specialists’ radars, I’m wondering whether the average IG spread-betting fan is really that interested.
The TV and media team and IG are a slick lot with a busy production schedule. As well as producing text and video content, they coordinate news feeds for the platform and do their own analysis. From Monday to Friday there are 3 TV slots: at 07:30 London time (Pre-European open bulletin); 10:30 Charting the Markets; 16:00 Trading look ahead.
I hear that IG TV presenter Victoria Scholar found this week’s segment with Rajan Dhall especially helpful – and having just watched it, I can see why. He focuses on 3 popular technical analysis indicators, walking us through, step by step, how to construct and interpret them; very much a ‘teach yourself’ indicators special.
Another of the STA’s educational offerings, here is a programme with Josh Mahoney MSTA, Senior Market Analyst at IG TV on their regular daily Charting the Markets series. Underlining the calibre of IG presenters’ understanding of financial markets, Josh earned […]
As part of the STA’s educational offering, here is today’s interview (11th April 2019) with Lee Sandford MSTA CFTe on IG TV for their regular programme. Interviewed by Victoria Scholar, the latest recruit to their TV team, she’s had some […]
The STA is very lucky in that its pool of talent is deep and its contacts list extensive. Because February’s speaker unfortunately had to pull out at short notice (Kevin Bull will instead speak on the 14th May), Richard Adcock, […]
- ‘‘The digital euro is on the move!’’ ‘We need to prepare our currency for the future’, Christine Lagarde November 21, 2023
- ‘Surfing the Waves of Social Mood’ STA presentation by Robert R. Prechter, CMT November 16, 2023
- Fickle followers of fashion: Who, and why, do they choose to move on? November 10, 2023
- Crisis, what crisis? Can technical analysis help? October 24, 2023
- Keep their quant tactics incognito October 11, 2023
- A fireside chat with author Jack D Schwager: He of Market Wizards fame on
- Market Wizards – and their lesser known cohorts: Jack Schwager hits the book launch circuit on
- Colours, clashes and clichés: How and why use colourful charts on
- Do you know Aroon? I do, but not very well on
- Must read classics: Richard W Schabacker – the real bible of technical analysis on
Posts by Date
The views and opinions expressed on the STA’s blog do not necessarily represent those of the Society of Technical Analysts (the “STA”), or of any officer, director or member of the STA. The STA makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information on the blog or found by following any link on blog, and none of the STA, STA Administrative Services or any current or past executive board members are liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. None of the information on the STA’s blog constitutes investment advice.