The STA Blog - Tag: Stock market
The STA’s annual summer party was a real treat with the awarding of Diplomas to this year’s successful students followed by a presentation by an eminent speaker, then drinks and lots of nice nibbles for all later. An excellent turnout […]
Since my last blog post regarding Fibonacci Extensions for profit targets, I have received some great feedback, so I would like to say thank you to everyone who took the time to read it. In this post I will be […]
First of all I would like to say I hope I can do the blog justice in Nicole Elliott’s absence as I have immensely enjoyed her posts so far, secondly I wanted to post something in this blog that I […]
In a week where the Shanghai Composite Index lost 10 per cent of face value in just two days, cries of ‘tears’, and ‘I told you so’ abound. There is also an element of schadenfreude as these same writers didn’t […]
Reporting from the lecture given by Yann Cordier on the 10th March 2015, who had kindly torn himself away from his interesting job at Axa Investment Managers in Paris, something of a ‘back to the future’ theme emerged.
The main thrust of his focus was the relative strength of different sectors of the stock market. Not to be confused with the Relative Strength Index used by technical analysts (RSI), his technique looks at relative outperformance of one security against another one; the ratio between the two compares winners with losers. This sort of thing has been used for a very long time by stockbrokers when comparing a share to the performance of the index it is included in.
- ‘Talking about Risk’ – ‘’one of those topics nobody wants to talk about.’’ A webinar by Perry J. Kaufman for STA members May 11, 2022
- Central Banks ahoy! How will markets react? May 5, 2022
- IFTA ramping up their webinars: organised by Bruce Fraser April 20, 2022
- Trading College’s Head Teacher talks: Tells STA members what it’s really like April 13, 2022
- ‘For he’s a jolly good Fellow: And so say all of us’ April 7, 2022
- A fireside chat with author Jack D Schwager: He of Market Wizards fame on
- Market Wizards – and their lesser known cohorts: Jack Schwager hits the book launch circuit on
- Colours, clashes and clichés: How and why use colourful charts on
- Do you know Aroon? I do, but not very well on
- Must read classics: Richard W Schabacker – the real bible of technical analysis on
Posts by Date
The views and opinions expressed on the STA’s blog do not necessarily represent those of the Society of Technical Analysts (the “STA”), or of any officer, director or member of the STA. The STA makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information on the blog or found by following any link on blog, and none of the STA, STA Administrative Services or any current or past executive board members are liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. None of the information on the STA’s blog constitutes investment advice.