The STA Blog - Tag: risk
I was 13 minutes late for yesterday’s (25th February 2021) IFTA webinar presentation hosted by Wieland Arlt, board member of Germany’s VTAD technical analysis society. I felt terrible as I’d recently heard that a job-seeker’s interview had been immediately terminated […]
As a handful of countries start lifting corona-virus related restrictions, Britain looks set to enter another 3 weeks of lockdown. Tuesday the 14th April was the second STA Monthly Meeting that was held online due to limits to the size of indoor gatherings. Our guest speaker, Sankar Sharma, was obviously delighted to be invited, saying he was proud to be ‘among the best in the world of technical analysis’.
When I get invited to attend or speak at seminars and conferences on markets, technical analysis, and how to teach yourself trading, I am invariably dismayed by the sea of male faces. Not necessarily pale and grey, just an awful […]
- ‘New Thought on Market Profile’: Trading the Flow of Control May 12, 2021
- ‘How to Plan for an Emergency’: A webinar, part of Financial Literacy Month May 7, 2021
- Markets, motion and moving averages: Alternative options for a perennial favourite April 21, 2021
- ‘Long Term Forecasting using Interdisciplinary Price Analysis (IPA)’: A presentation by Tom Bundgaard of Kairos Commodities April 15, 2021
- Hello darkness my old friend: I’ve come to talk with you again… April 9, 2021
- A fireside chat with author Jack D Schwager: He of Market Wizards fame on
- Market Wizards – and their lesser known cohorts: Jack Schwager hits the book launch circuit on
- Colours, clashes and clichés: How and why use colourful charts on
- Do you know Aroon? I do, but not very well on
- Must read classics: Richard W Schabacker – the real bible of technical analysis on
Posts by Date
The views and opinions expressed on the STA’s blog do not necessarily represent those of the Society of Technical Analysts (the “STA”), or of any officer, director or member of the STA. The STA makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information on the blog or found by following any link on blog, and none of the STA, STA Administrative Services or any current or past executive board members are liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. None of the information on the STA’s blog constitutes investment advice.