The STA Blog - Tag: divergence
Earlier this month Tim Harford, a Financial Times (TimHarford@ft.com) writer and author of best-selling books ‘The Undercover Economist’ and ‘Fifty Inventions That Shaped the Modern Economy’ – who I rate highly, published an article about losers – in which category he includes himself. These are people who consistently purchase products which most people don’t want.
A regular guest on this 10:30 am slot, host Victoria Scholar slickly puts charting veteran Lee through his paces. Interestingly, he kicks off with FX cross the Kiwi (New Zealand dollar, for the uninitiated) against the Canadian dollar. While these ‘commodity’ currencies (plus the Australian dollar) feature regularly on specialists’ radars, I’m wondering whether the average IG spread-betting fan is really that interested.
I hear that IG TV presenter Victoria Scholar found this week’s segment with Rajan Dhall especially helpful – and having just watched it, I can see why. He focuses on 3 popular technical analysis indicators, walking us through, step by step, how to construct and interpret them; very much a ‘teach yourself’ indicators special.
Recorded and broadcast live on Thursday the 21st November, Victoria Scholar gets Nicole Elliott FSTA to run through the charts and thinking behind that day’s email sent out to Investors Chronicle subscribers. Daily she covers 3 main indices, 2 currencies and spot gold, adding a little bit of market relevant news and published economic data to set the scene.
The STA is very lucky in that its pool of talent is deep and its contacts list extensive. Because February’s speaker unfortunately had to pull out at short notice (Kevin Bull will instead speak on the 14th May), Richard Adcock, […]
I’m sure I’m not alone in scouring car number plates trying to spot fun or cool ones; I know that people pay good money for these. The best I’ve ever seen was on a matching pair of his ’n her […]
- ‘Applying macro fundamentals to short-term trading’: By Anthony Cheung October 14, 2021
- Energy Trading Week: In conjunction with CommoditiesPeople.com October 7, 2021
- STA Freedom Party: Something to celebrate September 28, 2021
- New Lessons from Brain Science: and how they inform risk taking September 23, 2021
- Market reaction to EU July Industrial Production September 17, 2021
- A fireside chat with author Jack D Schwager: He of Market Wizards fame on
- Market Wizards – and their lesser known cohorts: Jack Schwager hits the book launch circuit on
- Colours, clashes and clichés: How and why use colourful charts on
- Do you know Aroon? I do, but not very well on
- Must read classics: Richard W Schabacker – the real bible of technical analysis on
Posts by Date
The views and opinions expressed on the STA’s blog do not necessarily represent those of the Society of Technical Analysts (the “STA”), or of any officer, director or member of the STA. The STA makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information on the blog or found by following any link on blog, and none of the STA, STA Administrative Services or any current or past executive board members are liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. None of the information on the STA’s blog constitutes investment advice.