June is party time in London: The STA gets in on the act
When I holiday abroad my favourite time has been Easter and the October school half-term. Now that my daughter is grown up, I’m a lot more flexible but prefer dates around the equinox as I find the weather in most far-flung places not too cold and not too hot; just right, as Goldilocks would say. When my foreign domiciled friends ask me what’s the best time to holiday in the United Kingdom, I know for sure it’s late May and June. The blossom and mild weather, plus the Chelsea Flower Show which kicks off the season. The Epsom Derby and Royal Ascot early in June, tennis at Queens Club, and this year Her Majesty’s Platinum Jubilee bonanza.
Normally the STA holds its summer party in July, but it was bumped forward this year because on the 12th July we’re hosting a joint event with the ACI UK and The Broker Club. This Tuesday (14th June) Eddie Tofpik gave a very brief introductory speech welcoming STA members and their guests. ‘’I promise just to say a few words before we move on to the main reason we are here tonight.
First off, welcome back everyone, welcome back to being live in person. Welcome back to socialising and networking with likeminded technical analysts. Secondly, a reminder to all those of you interested and involved that our annual STA courses are now open and ready for bookings. Please share this with your own colleagues, friends and networks.’’ Eddie also outlined the STA’s plans to introduce Systematic Trading modules in our education programme which will be led by former STA Chair Tom Hicks and STA board member Jeff Boccaccio. More information will be forthcoming but ahead of this if you are interested in participating as a course member or speaker, please contact us.
On to drinks, where I noticed many of the men were drinking bottled beer, others wine and quite a few fruit juice. Hot canapés were passed round steadily, though a canny little clan had positioned themselves at the door to the kitchen – to be first in line for the pickings. The room was just the right size for the number of guests, giving the place a very buzzy atmosphere. Above all there were faces we hadn’t seen in ages and it was such fun to catch up.
As always, I think all of us will want to thank Katie Abberton for organising the party and do remember if you have general queries please get in touch by email: email@example.com
Lovely to catch up with you all.
Tags: fun, members, networking, Reunion
The views and opinions expressed on the STA’s blog do not necessarily represent those of the Society of Technical Analysts (the “STA”), or of any officer, director or member of the STA. The STA makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information on the blog or found by following any link on blog, and none of the STA, STA Administrative Services or any current or past executive board members are liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. None of the information on the STA’s blog constitutes investment advice.
- The STA’s 55th Birthday Party: Drinks, canapés and a good crowd September 18, 2023
- ‘Elliott Wave Outlook on Global Equity Markets’: The GPS of the markets works on fractals September 13, 2023
- International Technical Analysts Day: Remember, remember the 9th of September September 4, 2023
- The generation game: Fault lines and advantages August 24, 2023
- Elastic bands, bonds and rebounds: How to spot reversals – in charts and thinking August 15, 2023
- A fireside chat with author Jack D Schwager: He of Market Wizards fame on
- Market Wizards – and their lesser known cohorts: Jack Schwager hits the book launch circuit on
- Colours, clashes and clichés: How and why use colourful charts on
- Do you know Aroon? I do, but not very well on
- Must read classics: Richard W Schabacker – the real bible of technical analysis on