IFTA South East Asia Webinar Collaboration: ‘Second Semester from Cycle Perspective’
Following on from a similar live Webinar in January this year, IFTA member technical analysis societies in South East Asia put on a great show on the 18th June 2022. Timed to try and incorporate viewers from many time zones, I’m afraid I wasn’t up early enough on a Saturday morning. Luckily Nik Ihsan MSTA, senior chartist at Maybank in Malaysia, kindly shared the YouTube video this week.
Co-ordinated by Irfan and moderated by Andry Sukanto, the Zoom meeting was introduced by Indrawijaya Rangkuti, a director of IFTA, and its president Wieland Arlt. There were a few technical (not analysis!) hitches at the start but viewers, please persevere because these were quickly ironed out and the five presentations were excellent.
The first was by Wan Mohd Hafilzuddin MSTA, of the Malaysian Society of Technical Analysts (MATA); the focus, with a lot of nice charts, was on Elliott Wave. Next up via pre-recorded video, was Jonathan Ravelas of the Philippines. With good slides and an excellent delivery he coasted through the major global markets with great comments on behavioural finance.
The third speaker was Daniel Agostinus, from Asosiasi Analis Teknical Indonesia (AATI), who is a master of Elliott Wave (CEWA) with a focus on fractals using daily and weekly charts. Questions and answers followed as did with the next two speakers. Nicolas Tan of Technical Analysis Society (Singapore) is a market veteran of thirty plus years and two books on FX and CFD trading under his belt. While focusing this presentation on forecasts for the next six months, his favourite time frame is four years. Finally Dr Gema Merdeka Goeyardi (with lots of letters after his name) talks live from Los Angeles on time cycles – and has an Astronacci YouTube channel. He seems to watch a lot of economic indicators.
All this was rounded off with an IFTA plug by Bruce Fraser, a Wykoff expert who collaborated with Hank Pruden at Golden Gate University.
Do watch as I think you’ll find a lot worth listening to. Click here to view.
If you found this post interesting… then join the STA for exclusive access to a wide range of market commentary and analysis as and when you need it. Join now and quote STABLOG to get 10% off your first year’s membership fee.
Tags: Asia, cycles, Elliott, IFTA, Wykoff
The views and opinions expressed on the STA’s blog do not necessarily represent those of the Society of Technical Analysts (the “STA”), or of any officer, director or member of the STA. The STA makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information on the blog or found by following any link on blog, and none of the STA, STA Administrative Services or any current or past executive board members are liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. None of the information on the STA’s blog constitutes investment advice.
- IFTA South East Asia Webinar Collaboration: ‘Second Semester from Cycle Perspective’ June 23, 2022
- June is party time in London: The STA gets in on the act June 16, 2022
- Candles at night time: But wait and see what they look like first thing in the morning June 1, 2022
- ‘Replication crisis’: Why academic research struggles in the real world May 18, 2022
- ‘Talking about Risk’ – ‘’one of those topics nobody wants to talk about.’’ A webinar by Perry J. Kaufman for STA members May 11, 2022
- A fireside chat with author Jack D Schwager: He of Market Wizards fame on
- Market Wizards – and their lesser known cohorts: Jack Schwager hits the book launch circuit on
- Colours, clashes and clichés: How and why use colourful charts on
- Do you know Aroon? I do, but not very well on
- Must read classics: Richard W Schabacker – the real bible of technical analysis on