Watch with IG TV: The fourth in the Charting the Markets series of videos
As part of the STA’s educational offering, here is today’s interview (5th April 2019) with Nicole Elliott on IG TV. Many will recognise her as a regular attendee at our monthly meetings, and Jeremy is a veteran, and ex-Bloomberg presenter and interviewer.
The video takes the format of her daily Market Outlook email produced under The Trader banner for Investors Chronicle magazine, part of the FT Specialist offering from the Financial Times publishing group.
The email has used charts supplied by IG for many years now, in part so that private investors, should they so want, can copy and learn from this comprehensive and basically free charting service. Charts presented both for the email and for the TV show are deliberately kept as simple as possible, featuring only the most salient features. She tells us the ones she uses for the real work are far more complex; somehow, this is totally credible.
Three indices, two currency pairs and gold are addressed daily, with clear suggestions of which trades to take and, just as important, what to avoid, with appropriate chart levels. The letter was based on her daily offering designed for the Industrial Bank of Japan and then transferred to Mizuho’s corporate clients. It has certainly not been dumbed down for retail!
Using a number of different oscillators, the merits of these are discussed briefly and pitfalls noted. Importantly, she reminds us to keep a sense of perspective, zoning in sometimes on new elements, than standing back and seeing to wood from the trees.
Click here to view.
Tags: oscillators, Outlook, trading
The views and opinions expressed on the STA’s blog do not necessarily represent those of the Society of Technical Analysts (the “STA”), or of any officer, director or member of the STA. The STA makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information on the blog or found by following any link on blog, and none of the STA, STA Administrative Services or any current or past executive board members are liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. None of the information on the STA’s blog constitutes investment advice.
- Looking forwards and backwards: At this time of year December 2, 2022
- Long term weather forecast for power trading: Webinar from Refinitiv 17 November 2022 November 23, 2022
- ‘Are you delusional?’: The title of Victoria Shepherd’s recent magazine article November 14, 2022
- Larry the lad looking good: Despite trading since 1962 November 11, 2022
- The Day of the (Living) Dead: Ghosts and ghouls at this time of year November 1, 2022
- A fireside chat with author Jack D Schwager: He of Market Wizards fame on
- Market Wizards – and their lesser known cohorts: Jack Schwager hits the book launch circuit on
- Colours, clashes and clichés: How and why use colourful charts on
- Do you know Aroon? I do, but not very well on
- Must read classics: Richard W Schabacker – the real bible of technical analysis on