Watch with IG TV: Charting the Markets
As part of the STA’s educational offering, here is today’s interview (24th April 2019) with Nicole Elliott FSTA on IG TV for their regular programme. Interviewed by Victoria Scholar, IG presenter and producer, who is also currently studying for the STA Diploma Course and is a member of this society.
Stating off-air she would skip foreign exchange today as it was too boring for words – this week and all year really – she takes a worried look at UK and US indices, reminding us that, as per Charles Dow’s theory, the indices must back each other up. But North American ones are not all making new record highs; just a very select few are. She has no positions in these, is being super-careful, and has drawn her horns in.
Of greater interest is her fairly in-depth look at the spot precious metals complex. Put under the microscope one learns how to spot the leader and the laggard, how to work with triangulation, looking to see what is expensive and which might be under so much price compression that further losses are likely to be muted. She finishes with a flurry and the palladium market, its outstanding bull trend of the last 18 months or so, and its sudden change of heart.
To view, click here.
Tags: Fibonacci Retracements, moving averages, RSI, Tehnical Analysis Courses
The views and opinions expressed on the STA’s blog do not necessarily represent those of the Society of Technical Analysts (the “STA”), or of any officer, director or member of the STA. The STA makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information on the blog or found by following any link on blog, and none of the STA, STA Administrative Services or any current or past executive board members are liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. None of the information on the STA’s blog constitutes investment advice.
- STA Freedom Party: Something to celebrate September 28, 2021
- New Lessons from Brain Science: and how they inform risk taking September 23, 2021
- Market reaction to EU July Industrial Production September 17, 2021
- The Gamification of Trades: US Securities & Exchange Commission warning September 9, 2021
- Tips from an expert on Public Speaking: And how to master a Zoom presentation August 25, 2021
- A fireside chat with author Jack D Schwager: He of Market Wizards fame on
- Market Wizards – and their lesser known cohorts: Jack Schwager hits the book launch circuit on
- Colours, clashes and clichés: How and why use colourful charts on
- Do you know Aroon? I do, but not very well on
- Must read classics: Richard W Schabacker – the real bible of technical analysis on