This is not a blog; this is not even an M&S blog: It’s just seasonal greetings masquerading as a blog
I’m really looking forward to taking some time off over the Christmas and New Year’s Eve weeks. I’ve cut these out of my working diary for many years now, mainly because markets are dead – ergo technical analysis pointless – and it suits my employers/editors/powers that be. All well and good, but as a media luvvie I’m expected to file copy to cover these dates so I’ve been working double time this month. I’m tired, and sick of the horrid weather we’ve had over the last two months. The garden’s looking a soggy mess of dead leaves, which is a shame as I so enjoy being out there.
Enough about me, this piece is about you, you, you. STA members, associate members, fellows, STA and IFTA committee members, and our board. Not forgetting their family, friends and fanzines. What I want to do is extend my, and all my colleagues’ best wishes for this special time of the year. It can be a difficult time for some, for others it’ll be one excitement after the other (I’m thinking kids here), a time to come together and enjoy.
I’m also wishing for health, happiness, and hopefully profitable opportunities for all of us in 2020. With our knowledge and charts to hand, I have a feeling that we’re better placed than many to watch out for the pitfalls and leap at the opportunities ahead.
Tags: greetings, New Year, seasons, year-end
The views and opinions expressed on the STA’s blog do not necessarily represent those of the Society of Technical Analysts (the “STA”), or of any officer, director or member of the STA. The STA makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information on the blog or found by following any link on blog, and none of the STA, STA Administrative Services or any current or past executive board members are liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. None of the information on the STA’s blog constitutes investment advice.
- Market reaction to EU July Industrial Production September 17, 2021
- The Gamification of Trades: US Securities & Exchange Commission warning September 9, 2021
- Tips from an expert on Public Speaking: And how to master a Zoom presentation August 25, 2021
- ‘Trend Following – A Complete Edge for the Private Investor, Part II’: An IFTA webinar presented by Zaheer Anwari August 23, 2021
- Market reaction to US July Consumer Price Inflation: August 12, 2021
- A fireside chat with author Jack D Schwager: He of Market Wizards fame on
- Market Wizards – and their lesser known cohorts: Jack Schwager hits the book launch circuit on
- Colours, clashes and clichés: How and why use colourful charts on
- Do you know Aroon? I do, but not very well on
- Must read classics: Richard W Schabacker – the real bible of technical analysis on