The STA Blog - Tag: confidence
No, I’m not going to attempt so-called expert coverage of the ins and outs of Democrats versus Republicans and their leanings. We have seen how very badly the pollsters have done here and, more worryingly, with scientists’ predictions of the […]
Plowden & Smith are an expert art and antiques conservation business in south London who I follow on LinkedIn. Tackling projects great and small, their level of expertise and willingness to share some of it is refreshing. Very recently they published a video piece on colour theory where Hugo Nathan, of art advisory firm Beaumont Nathan, picks a series of works on the subject for a fantasy exhibition he is curating.
What’s all this got to do with technical analysis, you ask. Because colour, and colour combinations, really do matter. How long have many new home owners spent agonising over dabs of paint and swatches of fabric. Yet rarely do we put as much time and thought into our chart’s colours. Too often we just stick with the default setting.
The word ‘confidence’ has been bandied about a lot of late; more specifically, prefaced by ‘lack of’. Currently centre stage in Britain is the Secretary of State for Education, the Rt Hon Gavin Williamson CBE. He is merely one among many, with ‘The Science’ and its 4 Chief Medical Officers (earning on average £259,000), Public Health England (which has had to be disbanded), and the judiciary too – just for good measure.
At last week’s STA monthly meeting one of the pale, male and greyer members of the society bounded up to me proffering a copy of that weekend’s colour supplement of a best-selling UK broadsheet. ‘’London Fashion week starts Friday’’, he […]
- STA and ACI Annual Panel Debate: Virtual, and very slick January 14, 2021
- ‘That Was the Year that Was’ And a happy New Year to all STA members and followers January 5, 2021
- ‘How we get what we value’: In this difficult December December 17, 2020
- Christmas Quiz goes off with a bang!: And a lot of tricky questions December 9, 2020
- Bespoke Advent calendar for technical analysts: Virtual, of course December 1, 2020
- A fireside chat with author Jack D Schwager: He of Market Wizards fame on
- Market Wizards – and their lesser known cohorts: Jack Schwager hits the book launch circuit on
- Technical Analysis by Clive Lambert MSTA: A journey through a career in the City using Technical Analysis on
- Colours, clashes and clichés: How and why use colourful charts on
- Technical Analysis in a negative world: Who pays who? on
Posts by Date
The views and opinions expressed on the STA’s blog do not necessarily represent those of the Society of Technical Analysts (the “STA”), or of any officer, director or member of the STA. The STA makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information on the blog or found by following any link on blog, and none of the STA, STA Administrative Services or any current or past executive board members are liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. None of the information on the STA’s blog constitutes investment advice.