Charting the Markets with IG TV: Anchor, Jeremy Naylor, in his own words
The team at IG take their technical analysis seriously. Not only do they employ analysts and commentators Chris Beauchamp and Josh Mahoney, but the TV team are keen on the subject too, running regular daily and weekly slots on charting, discussing trends and enrolling on STA Diploma courses to boot. This is the reason we have hooked up with them to bring you their videos here on the STA website www.technicalanalysts.com
Markets veteran and TV presenter Jeremy Naylor rattles though key concepts today, 7th June 2019, looking at some of the not quite so obvious markets, like iron ore and Chinese equities. Don’t be frightened if you don’t follow these because technical analysis translates well into all sorts of financial instruments and often, when looking at something new, one doesn’t drag along the baggage we may have with familiar sectors.
I see this has cost me quite a bit as I had totally failed to spot the inverted head and shoulders base formed by the FTSE 100 index early this year. Fresh eyes and clear explanations are so refreshing.
Click here to watch.
Tags: Candlestick charts, Marabuzo, patterns, resistance, support
The views and opinions expressed on the STA’s blog do not necessarily represent those of the Society of Technical Analysts (the “STA”), or of any officer, director or member of the STA. The STA makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information on the blog or found by following any link on blog, and none of the STA, STA Administrative Services or any current or past executive board members are liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. None of the information on the STA’s blog constitutes investment advice.
- The STA’s 55th Birthday Party: Drinks, canapés and a good crowd September 18, 2023
- ‘Elliott Wave Outlook on Global Equity Markets’: The GPS of the markets works on fractals September 13, 2023
- International Technical Analysts Day: Remember, remember the 9th of September September 4, 2023
- The generation game: Fault lines and advantages August 24, 2023
- Elastic bands, bonds and rebounds: How to spot reversals – in charts and thinking August 15, 2023
- A fireside chat with author Jack D Schwager: He of Market Wizards fame on
- Market Wizards – and their lesser known cohorts: Jack Schwager hits the book launch circuit on
- Colours, clashes and clichés: How and why use colourful charts on
- Do you know Aroon? I do, but not very well on
- Must read classics: Richard W Schabacker – the real bible of technical analysis on