The Technical Analyst Awards 2015
The Technical Analyst Awards ceremony was held last Thursday night for the seventh year running at Le Meriden Piccadilly.
Several well known people from the industry were there, including Axel Rudolph, chairman of the STA, Deborah Owen, head of education, and Karen Jones, head of marketing for the STA.
The highlight of the evening was the Technical Analyst Of The Year Award which was won by David Sneddon, Credit Suisse, who had a barnstorming year, winning the Best Bank Equity Research & Strategy, Best Bank FX Research & Strategy and Best Bank Multi-Asset Research & Strategy categories. David is just one of the many outstanding technical analysts who teach on the STA Diploma course and speak at STA events.
Best Bank Fixed Income Research & Strategy – RBC Capital Markets, George Davis
Best Commodity, Energy and Power Research & Strategy – FuturesTechs, Clive Lambert
Best Emerging Markets Research & Strategy – Goldman Sachs
Best Stockbroker Research & Strategy – Aviate Global, Riccardo Ronco
Best Independent Research House for Equities – Lowry Research, Paul Desmond
Best Independent Research House for FX – PIA First, Ian Coleman
Best Independent Research House for Fixed Income – BBSP, Charlotte Milcent
Independent Research House of the Year – BBSP, Charlotte Milcent
Best Specialist Product – HPC
Best Data Provider – Bloomberg
Best Specialist Data Provider – Thompson Reuters
Best Automated Trading Product: Execution – Tethys Technology
Best Automated Trading Product: Strategy Development – Deltix
Best Technical Analysis Platform – Updata.
Congratulations to all!
The photo is of David Sneddon MSTA receiving one of his awards.
The views and opinions expressed on the STA’s blog do not necessarily represent those of the Society of Technical Analysts (the “STA”), or of any officer, director or member of the STA. The STA makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information on the blog or found by following any link on blog, and none of the STA, STA Administrative Services or any current or past executive board members are liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. None of the information on the STA’s blog constitutes investment advice.
- ‘Trading an adapted Gann Theory in the 21st Century’: Yesterday’s (8th June 2021) polished presentation for the STA June 9, 2021
- Emerging markets and growing pains: None invited to next week’s G7 meeting in Cornwall June 4, 2021
- The new delights of working from home (WFH): Nuisance calls, phishing and fraud May 27, 2021
- ‘Trading with footprint charts’: IFTA presentation by Peter Becker May 24, 2021
- ‘New Thought on Market Profile’: Trading the Flow of Control May 12, 2021
- A fireside chat with author Jack D Schwager: He of Market Wizards fame on
- Market Wizards – and their lesser known cohorts: Jack Schwager hits the book launch circuit on
- Colours, clashes and clichés: How and why use colourful charts on
- Do you know Aroon? I do, but not very well on
- Must read classics: Richard W Schabacker – the real bible of technical analysis on