Last Thursday, the STA participated in the annual JPMorgan run to raise money for Cancer Research UK. This year we had a great turn out with over 15 runners who all did extremely well. We started at the Prince Albert Pub in Battersea which was a great venue and perfect for those after run drinks 😉 but mainly the social. The runners first met over at the Prince Albert, and then went on to the park for some photos and a vigorous warm up before the run began.
Being part of the welcoming committee was difficult job (not) while the guys did all the hard work running in the hot sun, representing the STA. The vital job of guarding the bags and relaxing with a nice drink in the sunny beer garden was left to myself and Mark Tennyson d’Eyncourt, with whom I had great conversations about STA’s history. But then around 45 minutes later the first set of red faced runners returned and it turned out to be the three musketeers from Informa! Fair to say it didn’t take them long to tuck into some well-deserved drinks. Shortly after our Chairman Axel Rudolph arrived alongside some of the other members and the social began.
All in all, it was an excellent day out and the weather was perfect for the run (and the beer garden), and I would like to thank all the STA members that participated in the run. The best part for me was the chance to meet like-minded TAs and learn where we all work and discuss all the strategies and thoughts surrounding the fascinating events in the financial markets at present. It’s great to link and network with fellow professionals and spread the word, regardless of whether you work at an investment banks, research house, or you as a prop trader. These events are perfect to get to know one another and contribute to a great cause!
Click here to see photos of the event.
The views and opinions expressed on the STA’s blog do not necessarily represent those of the Society of Technical Analysts (the “STA”), or of any officer, director or member of the STA. The STA makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information on the blog or found by following any link on blog, and none of the STA, STA Administrative Services or any current or past executive board members are liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. None of the information on the STA’s blog constitutes investment advice.
- The STA’s 55th Birthday Party: Drinks, canapés and a good crowd September 18, 2023
- ‘Elliott Wave Outlook on Global Equity Markets’: The GPS of the markets works on fractals September 13, 2023
- International Technical Analysts Day: Remember, remember the 9th of September September 4, 2023
- The generation game: Fault lines and advantages August 24, 2023
- Elastic bands, bonds and rebounds: How to spot reversals – in charts and thinking August 15, 2023
- A fireside chat with author Jack D Schwager: He of Market Wizards fame on
- Market Wizards – and their lesser known cohorts: Jack Schwager hits the book launch circuit on
- Colours, clashes and clichés: How and why use colourful charts on
- Do you know Aroon? I do, but not very well on
- Must read classics: Richard W Schabacker – the real bible of technical analysis on