Do you really understand technical analysis? Do you know someone who wants to learn?
Sometimes in today’s ‘’instant knowledge at the touch of a smartphone’’ world, it’s very easy to become overconfident. Or assume that everyone, and anyone, could know what they need with a quick Google search.
Being rather more rigorous than this, Britain’s Society of Technical Analysts has recorded a short interview on the subject, covering how and where to learn, how long it takes and what are the advantages. This month they’ve also published a new brochure outlining the advantages of joining on of their courses. Click here to view. Founded just over 50 years ago, and therefore the oldest of its kind, the society trains and accredits members of the investment community.
Quizzed by Rajan Dhall, Membership Secretary for the STA, Nicole Elliott, Fellow of the society, explains how she became a technical analyst, the path her career subsequently took, and how a good grasp of the subject can help in the many phases of one’s life.
This aspect is particularly important when most adults today can expect a ‘portmanteau’ collection of jobs, career swerves and changes which benefit from a wide array of skills. As a parent, godparent or grandparent I would urge you to consider the gift of education for young people who have inquisitive minds and show promise. Please point them to this video if relevant.
Tags: Books, Career, Teaching, Technical Analysis Courses
The views and opinions expressed on the STA’s blog do not necessarily represent those of the Society of Technical Analysts (the “STA”), or of any officer, director or member of the STA. The STA makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information on the blog or found by following any link on blog, and none of the STA, STA Administrative Services or any current or past executive board members are liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. None of the information on the STA’s blog constitutes investment advice.
- The STA’s 55th Birthday Party: Drinks, canapés and a good crowd September 18, 2023
- ‘Elliott Wave Outlook on Global Equity Markets’: The GPS of the markets works on fractals September 13, 2023
- International Technical Analysts Day: Remember, remember the 9th of September September 4, 2023
- The generation game: Fault lines and advantages August 24, 2023
- Elastic bands, bonds and rebounds: How to spot reversals – in charts and thinking August 15, 2023
- A fireside chat with author Jack D Schwager: He of Market Wizards fame on
- Market Wizards – and their lesser known cohorts: Jack Schwager hits the book launch circuit on
- Colours, clashes and clichés: How and why use colourful charts on
- Do you know Aroon? I do, but not very well on
- Must read classics: Richard W Schabacker – the real bible of technical analysis on