Charting the Markets with IG TV: Jeremy Naylor and his viewers want to know more about clouds
Prompted by a viewer suggestion, IG anchor Jeremy Naylor contacted Nicole Elliott to see if she would do a special slot on TV about how to start with, and trade, based on the Ichimoku Kinko Hyo cloud charting system. Not one to miss an opportunity to plug the second edition of her ground-breaking book, she chose her charts carefully, sketching out and explaining the system. The video can be seen on the STA website www.technicalanalysts.com
Starting with the basics, moving on to how she has adapted her analysis to include Western technical analysis ideas of patterns, support and resistance levels, plus trend lines, she outlines why, since her seminal work of 2007, she thinks so many have adopted the technique.
Up to date examples covering major financial markets, she explains her current thinking and positioning.
Click here to view.
Tags: Candlestick charts, Ichimoku Clouds, moving averages, patterns, resistance, support, Technical Analysis Courses
The views and opinions expressed on the STA’s blog do not necessarily represent those of the Society of Technical Analysts (the “STA”), or of any officer, director or member of the STA. The STA makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information on the blog or found by following any link on blog, and none of the STA, STA Administrative Services or any current or past executive board members are liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. None of the information on the STA’s blog constitutes investment advice.
- The STA’s 55th Birthday Party: Drinks, canapés and a good crowd September 18, 2023
- ‘Elliott Wave Outlook on Global Equity Markets’: The GPS of the markets works on fractals September 13, 2023
- International Technical Analysts Day: Remember, remember the 9th of September September 4, 2023
- The generation game: Fault lines and advantages August 24, 2023
- Elastic bands, bonds and rebounds: How to spot reversals – in charts and thinking August 15, 2023
- A fireside chat with author Jack D Schwager: He of Market Wizards fame on
- Market Wizards – and their lesser known cohorts: Jack Schwager hits the book launch circuit on
- Colours, clashes and clichés: How and why use colourful charts on
- Do you know Aroon? I do, but not very well on
- Must read classics: Richard W Schabacker – the real bible of technical analysis on