Charting the Markets with IG TV: Jeremy Naylor and his viewers want to know more about clouds
Prompted by a viewer suggestion, IG anchor Jeremy Naylor contacted Nicole Elliott to see if she would do a special slot on TV about how to start with, and trade, based on the Ichimoku Kinko Hyo cloud charting system. Not one to miss an opportunity to plug the second edition of her ground-breaking book, she chose her charts carefully, sketching out and explaining the system. The video can be seen on the STA website www.technicalanalysts.com
Starting with the basics, moving on to how she has adapted her analysis to include Western technical analysis ideas of patterns, support and resistance levels, plus trend lines, she outlines why, since her seminal work of 2007, she thinks so many have adopted the technique.
Up to date examples covering major financial markets, she explains her current thinking and positioning.
Click here to view.
Tags: Candlestick charts, Ichimoku Clouds, moving averages, patterns, resistance, support, Technical Analysis Courses
The views and opinions expressed on the STA’s blog do not necessarily represent those of the Society of Technical Analysts (the “STA”), or of any officer, director or member of the STA. The STA makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information on the blog or found by following any link on blog, and none of the STA, STA Administrative Services or any current or past executive board members are liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. None of the information on the STA’s blog constitutes investment advice.
- STA Freedom Party II at the National Liberal Club September 26, 2022
- ‘Analysing Alternative Data’: A Power Point presentation for the STA September 14, 2022
- News and views from the Bank of England: ‘Charts and Fundamentals in the Foreign Exchange Market’ August 24, 2022
- Do you like a Linker? If not, why not? August 18, 2022
- ‘How to Benefit from Seasonality in Difficult Markets’: An IFTA webinar on Monday the 1st August August 10, 2022
- A fireside chat with author Jack D Schwager: He of Market Wizards fame on
- Market Wizards – and their lesser known cohorts: Jack Schwager hits the book launch circuit on
- Colours, clashes and clichés: How and why use colourful charts on
- Do you know Aroon? I do, but not very well on
- Must read classics: Richard W Schabacker – the real bible of technical analysis on