STA links to other organisations: Alpha R Cubed Ltd and AlphaMind
Steven Goldstein is associated with both, as managing director of the former and as joint host with Mark Randall in the latter. The gents go back a while, as do I, and have a wealth of experience in trading markets. In fact I’ve just learned that Mark and I were both there on the opening day of the London International Financial Futures Exchange (LIFFE).
I met Steve when I worked briefly in the Canary Wharf dealing room of Credit Suisse. He sat very close to the technical analysis team, headed up then by the sadly deceased Fran Skelley (sister to Katie Abberton). Current STA Treasurer Karen Jones was on the team, while David Sneddon FSTA has managed to hang on in there still.
Therefore I’m not surprised that the STA has invited Steve to collaborate with us. The aim of Alpha R Cubed is to work ‘on improving the vital human behavioural aspects of financial market performance.’ Meanwhile the AlphaMind podcasts ‘seek to help people develop, cultivate and grow optimal mindsets for better performance and more effective and productive behaviour when engaged in risk taking activities’.
The podcasts, billed as: ‘fascinating conversations with people from the world of financial markets’, certainly have a cast of interesting speakers who have the time to outline in detail their thoughts over an hour or so. The ex-head of FX trading at Goldman Sachs, rogue trader Nick Leeson, Anthony Crudele and Jim Simons are among their many guests.
November’s STA monthly meeting’s guest speaker will be legendary Jack D. Schwager where the tables will be turned, and instead of Schwager interviewing top traders, Steve Goldstein will be interviewing him. Sounds like fun!
Below I attach links to the relevant websites:
Tags: AlphaMind, Coaching, Guests, interview, Podcasts
The views and opinions expressed on the STA’s blog do not necessarily represent those of the Society of Technical Analysts (the “STA”), or of any officer, director or member of the STA. The STA makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information on the blog or found by following any link on blog, and none of the STA, STA Administrative Services or any current or past executive board members are liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. None of the information on the STA’s blog constitutes investment advice.
- STA and ACI Annual Panel Debate: Virtual, and very slick January 14, 2021
- ‘That Was the Year that Was’ And a happy New Year to all STA members and followers January 5, 2021
- ‘How we get what we value’: In this difficult December December 17, 2020
- Christmas Quiz goes off with a bang!: And a lot of tricky questions December 9, 2020
- Bespoke Advent calendar for technical analysts: Virtual, of course December 1, 2020
- A fireside chat with author Jack D Schwager: He of Market Wizards fame on
- Market Wizards – and their lesser known cohorts: Jack Schwager hits the book launch circuit on
- Technical Analysis by Clive Lambert MSTA: A journey through a career in the City using Technical Analysis on
- Colours, clashes and clichés: How and why use colourful charts on
- Technical Analysis in a negative world: Who pays who? on