Podcast with Alan Dunne MSTA: Ahead of the STA’s Technicals to Trading Systems Conference
A brief six minute interview with Gerry Celaya, board member of the STA. Alan Dunne, having graduated with a BA in economics from Trinity College Dublin in 1995, followed a peripatetic career but is now back in his city as a CFA and CEO of his own firm, Archive Capital. While a keen member of the Society of Technical Analysts, and running the Irish Chapter since 2023, it comes as no surprise that he’s coined the phrase: ‘quantamental’ approach to markets.
In the podcast he gives us a brief idea of what he’s going to talk about as a speaker at the STA’s ‘Technicals to Trading Systems’ conference at One Moorgate Place, London EC2R 6EA on the 16th April 2024.
Having been an ‘allocator’ to a fund of hedge funds, this is what his company now does. Basically it involves sourcing, evaluating and choosing fund managers for investors; no easy task. He reminds that as an allocator one must consider not only previous track records, but also volatility, drawdowns and weightings. An added layer of complexity lies with a client’s psychology and the need for diversification. Finally, systematic versus discretionary bias comes into play.
Food for thought.
Click here for more details on the Technicals to Trading Systems 2024 conference.
Tags: Allocation, Investing
The views and opinions expressed on the STA’s blog do not necessarily represent those of the Society of Technical Analysts (the “STA”), or of any officer, director or member of the STA. The STA makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information on the blog or found by following any link on blog, and none of the STA, STA Administrative Services or any current or past executive board members are liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. None of the information on the STA’s blog constitutes investment advice.
- Quick video interview with Elizabeth Miller: A panellist at the STA’s April conference. February 27, 2024
- D’mitri Richardson breezes in from Chicago: Propelled by the cycles of W D Gann February 14, 2024
- STA Podcast with Stephen Hoad: Ahead of the Technicals to Trading Systems Conference February 5, 2024
- Podcast with Alan Dunne MSTA: Ahead of the STA’s Technicals to Trading Systems Conference January 31, 2024
- How NOT to write about the markets: As a technical analyst, economist or media pundit January 22, 2024