Celebrate International Technical Analyst Day (09/09/2022)
To celebrate INTERNATIONAL TECHNICAL ANALYST DAY*on the 9th of September 2022, we are asking everyone to give a special acknowledgement to any Technical Analysts who have inspired or influenced you. It’s a chance to shine a spotlight on your favourite Technical Analyst for one day in the year! Name them and share how they have impacted your own Analysis & life. If there have been multiple influences or you cannot decide who to give a special acknowledgement, more than one can be named.
We encourage colleagues, clients, and counterparties to say, ‘Thank you!’ to their staff technical analysts and TA providers from around the world on this day.
For me the Technical Analyst that made the biggest impact on me was Francoise Skelley, not only was working with her fun but she crystallised in me the understanding that Technical Analysis was not about ego – being right or wrong – it was simply a tool to help make money and reduce risk. Her mantra was always having a view and a stop! She was also the one who introduced me to the Society of Technical Analysts and encouraged me to apply to go on the board. She was my mentor and my friend, and she is sadly missed.
So, who is your favourite Technical Analyst…or Analysts???
Karen Jones FSTA
*International Technical Analyst Day 9/9
The Society of Technical Analysts is leading the way in announcing that the 9th of September will be the ‘International Technical Analyst Day’. Eddie Tofpik, STA Chair, first proposed this idea to the Board at our 2 April 2022 meeting. The idea is to give technical analysts and those using technical and chart analysis at funds, banks, brokers, proprietary trading shops and for themselves, a day to get recognition for the hard work, dedication and diligence that they display through all market conditions and events.
We encourage colleagues, clients and counterparties to say ‘Thank you!’ to their staff technical analysts and TA providers from around the world on this day.
The views and opinions expressed on the STA’s blog do not necessarily represent those of the Society of Technical Analysts (the “STA”), or of any officer, director or member of the STA. The STA makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information on the blog or found by following any link on blog, and none of the STA, STA Administrative Services or any current or past executive board members are liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. None of the information on the STA’s blog constitutes investment advice.
- Are you a numbers person? And does that make you a metrologist? July 28, 2022
- Celebrate International Technical Analyst Day (09/09/2022) July 28, 2022
- European Central Bank’s turn to blink: Raises key interest rate from negative to negligible July 21, 2022
- STA, ACI UK & THE BROKER CLUB JOINT PANEL DEBATE: THE OUTLOOK FOR CRYPTO IN 2022 – PART II July 14, 2022
- ‘Real Time Risk Management in Volatile Times’: Practical Approaches for Digitising Risk to Gain Trading Advantage July 8, 2022
- A fireside chat with author Jack D Schwager: He of Market Wizards fame on
- Market Wizards – and their lesser known cohorts: Jack Schwager hits the book launch circuit on
- Colours, clashes and clichés: How and why use colourful charts on
- Do you know Aroon? I do, but not very well on
- Must read classics: Richard W Schabacker – the real bible of technical analysis on