When can I start the Home Study Course
You can start the STA Home Study Course (HSC) at any point. Like an e-book (ie. not videos), students can start reading the different modules and go at their own pace rather than wait for the annual lecture based online courses.
Although website based, it is fully downloadable and may be used online or offline by PC, Mac, iPad or Android machines. The program is divided into 15 units designed to cover all relevant aspects of the Diploma Part 1 and Diploma Part 2 syllabus. Each unit carries a series of multiple choice questions to test the student’s understanding of each topic. In addition the course offers an exam preparation module and a set of past Part 2 exam papers, as well as a supplement containing advice on tehcnical analysis report writing.
For information on the units and their authors please visit the Home Study Course page.
The views and opinions expressed on the STA’s blog do not necessarily represent those of the Society of Technical Analysts (the “STA”), or of any officer, director or member of the STA. The STA makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information on the blog or found by following any link on blog, and none of the STA, STA Administrative Services or any current or past executive board members are liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. None of the information on the STA’s blog constitutes investment advice.
- The STA’s 55th Birthday Party: Drinks, canapés and a good crowd September 18, 2023
- ‘Elliott Wave Outlook on Global Equity Markets’: The GPS of the markets works on fractals September 13, 2023
- International Technical Analysts Day: Remember, remember the 9th of September September 4, 2023
- The generation game: Fault lines and advantages August 24, 2023
- Elastic bands, bonds and rebounds: How to spot reversals – in charts and thinking August 15, 2023
- A fireside chat with author Jack D Schwager: He of Market Wizards fame on
- Market Wizards – and their lesser known cohorts: Jack Schwager hits the book launch circuit on
- Colours, clashes and clichés: How and why use colourful charts on
- Do you know Aroon? I do, but not very well on
- Must read classics: Richard W Schabacker – the real bible of technical analysis on