Are Technical Analysts a breed apart? Find out with Doctor Dementia’s Test
We are used to dealing with bars, candles and clouds. Points and figures, ratios and angles. But let’s see how we fare when letters and numbers out of order. Try reading this aloud; be warned, only a few can do so.
7H15 M3554G3 53RV35 7O PROV3 HOW OUR M1ND5 C4N DO 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5! 1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5!
1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG 17 WA5 H4RD BU7 NOW, ON 7H15 LIN3
YOUR M1ND 1S R34D1NG 17 4U70M471C4LLY, W17H OU7 3V3N 7H1NK1NG 4BOU7 17.
ONLY C3R741N P3OPL3 C4N R3AD 7H15.
PL3453 FORW4RD 1F U C4N R34D 7H15.
How did you get on?
Only great minds can read this – weird but interesting!
If you can raed this you are one of only 55 out of 100 people who can do so.
I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmeal pweor of the hmuan mind, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabridge Uinervtisy, it dseno’t mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcusea the huamn mnid does not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
The views and opinions expressed on the STA’s blog do not necessarily represent those of the Society of Technical Analysts (the “STA”), or of any officer, director or member of the STA. The STA makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information on the blog or found by following any link on blog, and none of the STA, STA Administrative Services or any current or past executive board members are liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. None of the information on the STA’s blog constitutes investment advice.
- The STA’s 55th Birthday Party: Drinks, canapés and a good crowd September 18, 2023
- ‘Elliott Wave Outlook on Global Equity Markets’: The GPS of the markets works on fractals September 13, 2023
- International Technical Analysts Day: Remember, remember the 9th of September September 4, 2023
- The generation game: Fault lines and advantages August 24, 2023
- Elastic bands, bonds and rebounds: How to spot reversals – in charts and thinking August 15, 2023
- A fireside chat with author Jack D Schwager: He of Market Wizards fame on
- Market Wizards – and their lesser known cohorts: Jack Schwager hits the book launch circuit on
- Colours, clashes and clichés: How and why use colourful charts on
- Do you know Aroon? I do, but not very well on
- Must read classics: Richard W Schabacker – the real bible of technical analysis on