Are Technical Analysts a breed apart? Find out with Doctor Dementia’s Test
We are used to dealing with bars, candles and clouds. Points and figures, ratios and angles. But let’s see how we fare when letters and numbers out of order. Try reading this aloud; be warned, only a few can do so.
7H15 M3554G3 53RV35 7O PROV3 HOW OUR M1ND5 C4N DO 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5! 1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5!
1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG 17 WA5 H4RD BU7 NOW, ON 7H15 LIN3
YOUR M1ND 1S R34D1NG 17 4U70M471C4LLY, W17H OU7 3V3N 7H1NK1NG 4BOU7 17.
ONLY C3R741N P3OPL3 C4N R3AD 7H15.
PL3453 FORW4RD 1F U C4N R34D 7H15.
How did you get on?
Only great minds can read this – weird but interesting!
If you can raed this you are one of only 55 out of 100 people who can do so.
I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmeal pweor of the hmuan mind, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabridge Uinervtisy, it dseno’t mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcusea the huamn mnid does not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
The views and opinions expressed on the STA’s blog do not necessarily represent those of the Society of Technical Analysts (the “STA”), or of any officer, director or member of the STA. The STA makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any information on the blog or found by following any link on blog, and none of the STA, STA Administrative Services or any current or past executive board members are liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. None of the information on the STA’s blog constitutes investment advice.
- D’mitri Richardson breezes in from Chicago: Propelled by the cycles of W D Gann February 14, 2024
- STA Podcast with Stephen Hoad: Ahead of the Technicals to Trading Systems Conference February 5, 2024
- Podcast with Alan Dunne MSTA: Ahead of the STA’s Technicals to Trading Systems Conference January 31, 2024
- How NOT to write about the markets: As a technical analyst, economist or media pundit January 22, 2024
- January 2024 Panel Debate: Fundamental vs Technical Perspectives Markets Outlook with a FX Focus January 10, 2024