STA Monthly Meeting & Summer Party – July 2010
The American humourist Mark Twain said more than 100 years ago that “September was a bad month for the (stock) markets, as was October, November, December etc.”
Therefore, one has to ask if you ‘darling buds of M-A-Y’ saw IT coming way back when we uttered a major sigh of relief that 2009 was finally over! Did we see the Euro falling to a 4-year low @ $1.1876, the Swiss Franc once again becoming a safe haven and what about gold…$1,250+ and going higher with bond rates falling? Well, the world’s bond markets have been telling this old fundamentalist…where is Da Inflation?
In almost 40 years in the financial markets, this has been a trying year and Bill cannot see where it will all end, but he says that there have been so many fantastic opportunities in the past 18 months – Barclays Bank/Fresnillo/Lloyds Bank/Bonds/Citigroup etc. Are the charts telling us now to BUY…”Beijing Petroleum?”
All will be revealed at the summer party, at Bill’s old stomping ground…Bloomberg.
Bill graduated from the University of Virginia in 1966 and also has an MBA from the Thunderbird Graduate School of International Management, Phoenix. He first joined Morgan Guaranty on the government bond desk. After various stints as a broker to some famous names, he moved to the UK in 1997, when he joined Bloomberg.
Next STA Meeting
Future STA Meetings
Latest Blog Posts
- D’mitri Richardson breezes in from Chicago: Propelled by the cycles of W D Gann
- STA Podcast with Stephen Hoad: Ahead of the Technicals to Trading Systems Conference
- Podcast with Alan Dunne MSTA: Ahead of the STA’s Technicals to Trading Systems Conference
- How NOT to write about the markets: As a technical analyst, economist or media pundit
- January 2024 Panel Debate: Fundamental vs Technical Perspectives Markets Outlook with a FX Focus