STA Monthly Meeting February 2009
This talk will look at DeMark’s Oscillators – in particular the TD Demarker and Range Expansion Index. Tom is best known for his market exhaustion techniques, TD Sequential and TD Combo, but much of his other work is underappreciated. This talk will look at these excellent and innovative technical indicators and especially at how to use them in practice.
Trevor Neil has been a trader for over 40 years and technical analyst for more than 30. He is a past board member of the STA and runs BETA Group, which gives market timing skill seminars to institutions internationally.
Next STA Meeting
STA Monthly Meeting – October 2023
The main reason for ineffective strategy construction which leads to non-reproducible results in real time and hence inconsistent performance is due to not knowing the 3 critical strategy stats. To overcome this challenge and construct sustainable, scalable and reproducible strategies in a quantitative manner, the Smart Money Framework was developed by the quants in the 1960s. With this framework we will have the 3 critical stats to help us construct optimal entries, stop loss and exits. When this is further combined with volume, our probability of capturing the bigger runners increases. All of the above will be explained further in detail by the presenter.
Future STA Meetings
Latest Blog Posts
- The STA’s 55th Birthday Party: Drinks, canapés and a good crowd
- ‘Elliott Wave Outlook on Global Equity Markets’: The GPS of the markets works on fractals
- International Technical Analysts Day: Remember, remember the 9th of September
- The generation game: Fault lines and advantages
- Elastic bands, bonds and rebounds: How to spot reversals – in charts and thinking