STA Monthly Meeting February 2004
Clive’s main “brief” in writing his daily analysis is to KISS, and he has found that Candlestick patterns do this very well. They can be used in long and short term charts on any market, if there is an understanding of the psychology behind the myriad patterns. Clive will cover a few of the more common and important reversal patterns, (Hammers, Shooting Stars, Doji, Morning & Evening Stars and Engulfing Patterns), with examples, explaining their formation from a “psychological” point of view.
Clive is the founder, and continues to be the main contributor, for FuturesTechs. He has been in the City for 24 years, has been in the futures market for 20 years as a broker and trader, and has been writing technical analysis for over 10 years. He is the author of the book “Candlestick Charts: An Introduction to Using Candlestick Charts”.
Next STA Meeting
Future STA Meetings
Latest Blog Posts
- Quick video interview with Elizabeth Miller: A panellist at the STA’s April conference.
- D’mitri Richardson breezes in from Chicago: Propelled by the cycles of W D Gann
- STA Podcast with Stephen Hoad: Ahead of the Technicals to Trading Systems Conference
- Podcast with Alan Dunne MSTA: Ahead of the STA’s Technicals to Trading Systems Conference
- How NOT to write about the markets: As a technical analyst, economist or media pundit