STA Monthly Meeting – April 2014
Oliver will be discussing the properties of different measures of volatility and how these can be exploited and modified to produce innovative technical indicators and combined to form powerful strategies. One example that he will demonstrate is his own Volstall indicator, designed to anticipate reversals by identifying trend deceleration.
Oliver Woolf, CAIA, MSTA is a Technical Analysis Specialist at Bloomberg, working closely with the product development team and with a particular passion for building new and innovative indicators. He writes for various Bloomberg publications such as the Quarterly Technical Analysis BRIEF and has lectured at several universities and appeared on Bloomberg TV in Europe. With a degree in modern languages he previously worked in Bloomberg’s FX business in Iberia.
Next STA Meeting
Future STA Meetings
Latest Blog Posts
- Quick video interview with Elizabeth Miller: A panellist at the STA’s April conference.
- D’mitri Richardson breezes in from Chicago: Propelled by the cycles of W D Gann
- STA Podcast with Stephen Hoad: Ahead of the Technicals to Trading Systems Conference
- Podcast with Alan Dunne MSTA: Ahead of the STA’s Technicals to Trading Systems Conference
- How NOT to write about the markets: As a technical analyst, economist or media pundit