STA Monthly Meeting – October 2020
Charlie will examine Bitcoin to see how it fits within a multi asset framework. Many have described it as the new gold, but the evidence is tenuous. He will also look at how bitcoin lends itself to trend following strategies, which are improved by signals from the underlying blockchain activity.
Charlie Morris is the chief investment officer at ByteTree Asset Management (BTAM). He is a lead portfolio manager and develops both crypto and traditional investment strategies for BTAM. He has 23 years’ experience in fund management, where he has built a reputation for managing actively managed, multi-asset portfolios, with an emphasis on efficient diversification and risk management. Although well versed in traditional asset classes, Charlie is best known for his expertise in alternative assets, notably gold and Bitcoin.
Next STA Meeting
Future STA Meetings
Latest Blog Posts
- D’mitri Richardson breezes in from Chicago: Propelled by the cycles of W D Gann
- STA Podcast with Stephen Hoad: Ahead of the Technicals to Trading Systems Conference
- Podcast with Alan Dunne MSTA: Ahead of the STA’s Technicals to Trading Systems Conference
- How NOT to write about the markets: As a technical analyst, economist or media pundit
- January 2024 Panel Debate: Fundamental vs Technical Perspectives Markets Outlook with a FX Focus