STA Monthly Meeting October 2009
Bill started investing in 1970. He retired from legal practice in 1999, and has been trading ever since. In 2001 he became technical editor of Chart Insight published by Hemscott, and in 2004 started his own website Chart-Guide.com, now part of Rivington Street Holdings plc, specializing in Elliott wave index trading.
Bill trades mainly the DJIA and FTSE 100, with a background interest in cable, gold and crude oil. Since 2002 the waves in the markets have behaved very differently from how they did in the 1930’s when Elliott discovered the principle. The 1930’s was an era of much greater social conformity than today, economic activity was depressed, and liquidity in markets was very low. This resulted in much more cohesive and clear wave structures in financial markets than today, when unprecedented liquidity and computerized trading has lead to more distortion and ambiguity. This has lead Bill to incorporate Gann fractions as well as Fibonacci into his Elliott wave analysis which gives useful additional guidance when wave counts are unclear, as they are now, rather more frequently.
Next STA Meeting
Future STA Meetings
Latest Blog Posts
- D’mitri Richardson breezes in from Chicago: Propelled by the cycles of W D Gann
- STA Podcast with Stephen Hoad: Ahead of the Technicals to Trading Systems Conference
- Podcast with Alan Dunne MSTA: Ahead of the STA’s Technicals to Trading Systems Conference
- How NOT to write about the markets: As a technical analyst, economist or media pundit
- January 2024 Panel Debate: Fundamental vs Technical Perspectives Markets Outlook with a FX Focus