STA Monthly Meeting – November 2010
During his talk Jeff will share with the audience his experiences and personal techniques for successfully integrating the technicals with the fundamentals, and provide some of his current views on the markets.
Jeff Hochman is Director of Technical Strategy at Fidelity Worldwide Investment. In his current role, Jeff manages a team of Technical Analysts with whom he provides support to Equity Fund Managers and Equity Research Analysts at both stock picking and macro asset allocation levels. He also frequently represents Fidelity to clients, the press and at conferences.
Next STA Meeting
STA Monthly Meeting – October 2023
The main reason for ineffective strategy construction which leads to non-reproducible results in real time and hence inconsistent performance is due to not knowing the 3 critical strategy stats. To overcome this challenge and construct sustainable, scalable and reproducible strategies in a quantitative manner, the Smart Money Framework was developed by the quants in the 1960s. With this framework we will have the 3 critical stats to help us construct optimal entries, stop loss and exits. When this is further combined with volume, our probability of capturing the bigger runners increases. All of the above will be explained further in detail by the presenter.
Future STA Meetings
Latest Blog Posts
- The STA’s 55th Birthday Party: Drinks, canapés and a good crowd
- ‘Elliott Wave Outlook on Global Equity Markets’: The GPS of the markets works on fractals
- International Technical Analysts Day: Remember, remember the 9th of September
- The generation game: Fault lines and advantages
- Elastic bands, bonds and rebounds: How to spot reversals – in charts and thinking