STA Monthly Meeting – May 2015
Gerry’s talk will cover the use of chart analysis in modelling long term trends in a multi-asset world, whilst working down to useful short term trading ideas.
Gerry Celaya runs Redtower Asset Management which advises banks, brokers, hedge funds, central banks and real money managers. Gerry has been a professional technical analyst for over 25 years and still learns something new every day, and firmly believes that the best way to learn is to have the courage to make mistakes.
Next STA Meeting
STA Monthly Meeting – October 2023
The main reason for ineffective strategy construction which leads to non-reproducible results in real time and hence inconsistent performance is due to not knowing the 3 critical strategy stats. To overcome this challenge and construct sustainable, scalable and reproducible strategies in a quantitative manner, the Smart Money Framework was developed by the quants in the 1960s. With this framework we will have the 3 critical stats to help us construct optimal entries, stop loss and exits. When this is further combined with volume, our probability of capturing the bigger runners increases. All of the above will be explained further in detail by the presenter.
Future STA Meetings
Latest Blog Posts
- The STA’s 55th Birthday Party: Drinks, canapés and a good crowd
- ‘Elliott Wave Outlook on Global Equity Markets’: The GPS of the markets works on fractals
- International Technical Analysts Day: Remember, remember the 9th of September
- The generation game: Fault lines and advantages
- Elastic bands, bonds and rebounds: How to spot reversals – in charts and thinking