STA Monthly Meeting – May 2011
Nick is a trend follower, using relative momentum, breakouts and volume, but also some seasonal work and other cycles. He will talk about how behavioural finance can explain why trends exist and persist, and which momentum measures work best, as well as reviewing some recent behavioural finance findings.
Nick Glydon has worked as a technical analyst since 1986, most recently at Credit Lyonnais, Flemings and JP Morgan. In 2003 he co-founded Redburn Partners, now Europe’s biggest independent equity broker.
Next STA Meeting
STA Monthly Meeting – October 2023
The main reason for ineffective strategy construction which leads to non-reproducible results in real time and hence inconsistent performance is due to not knowing the 3 critical strategy stats. To overcome this challenge and construct sustainable, scalable and reproducible strategies in a quantitative manner, the Smart Money Framework was developed by the quants in the 1960s. With this framework we will have the 3 critical stats to help us construct optimal entries, stop loss and exits. When this is further combined with volume, our probability of capturing the bigger runners increases. All of the above will be explained further in detail by the presenter.
Future STA Meetings
Latest Blog Posts
- The STA’s 55th Birthday Party: Drinks, canapés and a good crowd
- ‘Elliott Wave Outlook on Global Equity Markets’: The GPS of the markets works on fractals
- International Technical Analysts Day: Remember, remember the 9th of September
- The generation game: Fault lines and advantages
- Elastic bands, bonds and rebounds: How to spot reversals – in charts and thinking