STA Monthly Meeting May 2004
WD Gann’s swing chart looks like the ideal chart for swing trading, but the stop losses required are so huge that some modifications are necessary. Marc will talk about the modifications he has made to the Gann swing chart and show how essential it is either to draw the swing chart or visualise it on the chart. Marc will demonstrate how the modified swing chart is ideal not only for trend definition of the market as a whole, but also as practical trading tool.
Marc has been the charting columnist for Britain’s leading financial weekly, Investor’s Chronicle for the past 7 years. He is also the author of a book on swing trading. He remains a practising barrister.
Next STA Meeting
STA Monthly Meeting – October 2023
The main reason for ineffective strategy construction which leads to non-reproducible results in real time and hence inconsistent performance is due to not knowing the 3 critical strategy stats. To overcome this challenge and construct sustainable, scalable and reproducible strategies in a quantitative manner, the Smart Money Framework was developed by the quants in the 1960s. With this framework we will have the 3 critical stats to help us construct optimal entries, stop loss and exits. When this is further combined with volume, our probability of capturing the bigger runners increases. All of the above will be explained further in detail by the presenter.
Future STA Meetings
Latest Blog Posts
- The STA’s 55th Birthday Party: Drinks, canapés and a good crowd
- ‘Elliott Wave Outlook on Global Equity Markets’: The GPS of the markets works on fractals
- International Technical Analysts Day: Remember, remember the 9th of September
- The generation game: Fault lines and advantages
- Elastic bands, bonds and rebounds: How to spot reversals – in charts and thinking