STA Monthly Meeting March 2009
His talk will consist of a broad ranging treatise on the philosophy of technical analysis, in particular an examination of the tension between art and science inherent in the discipline. It is not meant to be authoritative in academic terms, but rather will be an attempt to apply the experience of 20 years as a commercial agent in technical analysis to the broader concepts which so many practitioners take for granted. He will touch on technical patterns and pattern recognition, psychology and behavioural, economics, art and science.
Tim Parker is the CEO and founding partner of Messels Ltd, an independent technical analysis research firm based in the UK.
Next STA Meeting
Future STA Meetings
Latest Blog Posts
- Quick video interview with Elizabeth Miller: A panellist at the STA’s April conference.
- D’mitri Richardson breezes in from Chicago: Propelled by the cycles of W D Gann
- STA Podcast with Stephen Hoad: Ahead of the Technicals to Trading Systems Conference
- Podcast with Alan Dunne MSTA: Ahead of the STA’s Technicals to Trading Systems Conference
- How NOT to write about the markets: As a technical analyst, economist or media pundit