STA Monthly Meeting March 2009
His talk will consist of a broad ranging treatise on the philosophy of technical analysis, in particular an examination of the tension between art and science inherent in the discipline. It is not meant to be authoritative in academic terms, but rather will be an attempt to apply the experience of 20 years as a commercial agent in technical analysis to the broader concepts which so many practitioners take for granted. He will touch on technical patterns and pattern recognition, psychology and behavioural, economics, art and science.
Tim Parker is the CEO and founding partner of Messels Ltd, an independent technical analysis research firm based in the UK.
Next STA Meeting
STA Monthly Meeting – October 2023
The main reason for ineffective strategy construction which leads to non-reproducible results in real time and hence inconsistent performance is due to not knowing the 3 critical strategy stats. To overcome this challenge and construct sustainable, scalable and reproducible strategies in a quantitative manner, the Smart Money Framework was developed by the quants in the 1960s. With this framework we will have the 3 critical stats to help us construct optimal entries, stop loss and exits. When this is further combined with volume, our probability of capturing the bigger runners increases. All of the above will be explained further in detail by the presenter.
Future STA Meetings
Latest Blog Posts
- The STA’s 55th Birthday Party: Drinks, canapés and a good crowd
- ‘Elliott Wave Outlook on Global Equity Markets’: The GPS of the markets works on fractals
- International Technical Analysts Day: Remember, remember the 9th of September
- The generation game: Fault lines and advantages
- Elastic bands, bonds and rebounds: How to spot reversals – in charts and thinking