STA Monthly Meeting – June 2010
Tom has a keen interest in cycles, believing there is no dualism between financial markets and natural cycles. He will talk about a variety of approaches to cycles in order to determine timing and price.
Attendees will have to have an open mind as he will challenge the concept of measuring time and look at the different cultural attempts to track time from the Mayan calendar to the Chinese/Japanese techniques, even heliotaraxy (effect of solar activity on the biosphere). Planetary alignments and well known cycles such as Kondratieff and Martin Armstrong’s work will also be discussed. The conclusions will allude to recent events and coming events that can be forecasted by using a cycles approach in line with technical chart signals. Tom will show how to exploit these observations and incorporate them into a strategy for making profits in the future.
Tom has 24 years’ experience of financial markets, starting as a technical analyst/strategist with Standard and Poors. After Merrill Lynch, he comanaged Othon Investment, a $2 Billion Hedge Fund, before becoming Head of Technical Strategy at RBS for 10 years.
Next STA Meeting
Future STA Meetings
Latest Blog Posts
- Quick video interview with Elizabeth Miller: A panellist at the STA’s April conference.
- D’mitri Richardson breezes in from Chicago: Propelled by the cycles of W D Gann
- STA Podcast with Stephen Hoad: Ahead of the Technicals to Trading Systems Conference
- Podcast with Alan Dunne MSTA: Ahead of the STA’s Technicals to Trading Systems Conference
- How NOT to write about the markets: As a technical analyst, economist or media pundit