STA Monthly Meeting & Summer Party – July 2019
Technical analysis has proven to be an invaluable method for trading or investing. But is it more than that? Rather than searching for new ways to slice and dice price into ever more complex indicators, should our focus not be on promoting the theoretical underpinnings of technical analysis to the wider investment community? Murray will explore the history of technical analysis and uncover why conventional, “fundamental” analysis actually followed it. He will highlight how the developing social science of Socionomics was born out of technical analysis and why it deserves to be front and centre in the debate over rethinking macroeconomics. Murray will bring it all together with a look at current market charts and forecasts.
Murray Gunn MSTA is Head of Research for Elliott Wave International’s Global Market Perspective, a monthly summary of the firm’s 25 analysts’ views on every major freely traded market in the world. (You can follow his Elliott Wave analysis at www.elliottwave.com)
Next STA Meeting
Future STA Meetings
Latest Blog Posts
- Quick video interview with Elizabeth Miller: A panellist at the STA’s April conference.
- D’mitri Richardson breezes in from Chicago: Propelled by the cycles of W D Gann
- STA Podcast with Stephen Hoad: Ahead of the Technicals to Trading Systems Conference
- Podcast with Alan Dunne MSTA: Ahead of the STA’s Technicals to Trading Systems Conference
- How NOT to write about the markets: As a technical analyst, economist or media pundit