STA Monthly Meeting January 2008
Kevin Edgeley has worked in the city since 1982. He spent 15 years as a floor trader on LIFFE for Bache, HSBC and Goldman Sachs before moving to a technical strategy role within economic research.
Tom Hobson has a wide remit at Merrill Lynch, including overseeing and coordinating EMEA rates publications and strategy recommendations, as well as the team responsible for the daily “Technical Watch” circulars.
Tom has 24 years’ experience of financial markets, starting as a technical analyst/strategist with Standard and Poors. After Merrill Lynch, he comanaged Othon Investment, a $2 Billion Hedge Fund, before becoming Head of Technical Strategy at RBS for 10 years.
Phil has worked as a Technical Strategist on the dealing floor of four major investment banks during a 28 year career in the City. The rigour of trading greatly influenced his philosophy towards Technical Analysis and his focus on the dynamics of supply and demand in particular. Foreign Exchange is his primary trading interest although he generally monitors markets across asset class.
Next STA Meeting
Future STA Meetings
Latest Blog Posts
- D’mitri Richardson breezes in from Chicago: Propelled by the cycles of W D Gann
- STA Podcast with Stephen Hoad: Ahead of the Technicals to Trading Systems Conference
- Podcast with Alan Dunne MSTA: Ahead of the STA’s Technicals to Trading Systems Conference
- How NOT to write about the markets: As a technical analyst, economist or media pundit
- January 2024 Panel Debate: Fundamental vs Technical Perspectives Markets Outlook with a FX Focus