STA Monthly Meeting January 2005
After starting with charts of essential items like Gold, Oil and a few Currencies, he will show charts of the Major Indices before moving on to highlight the Best and Worst from the FTSE 100 list. He will conclude with a selection of the most bullish and promising charts in the FTSE250 and the FTSE SmallCap indices. The charts will be selected on the morning of the 12th January and, hopefully, there will be a few topical messages or themes at the start of 2005.
Richard is well-known to us as a Fellow, a founder member of our predecessor ACTA and a former chairman of the Society as well as an institutional stockbroker of long standing.
Next STA Meeting
STA Monthly Meeting – October 2023
The main reason for ineffective strategy construction which leads to non-reproducible results in real time and hence inconsistent performance is due to not knowing the 3 critical strategy stats. To overcome this challenge and construct sustainable, scalable and reproducible strategies in a quantitative manner, the Smart Money Framework was developed by the quants in the 1960s. With this framework we will have the 3 critical stats to help us construct optimal entries, stop loss and exits. When this is further combined with volume, our probability of capturing the bigger runners increases. All of the above will be explained further in detail by the presenter.
Future STA Meetings
Latest Blog Posts
- The STA’s 55th Birthday Party: Drinks, canapés and a good crowd
- ‘Elliott Wave Outlook on Global Equity Markets’: The GPS of the markets works on fractals
- International Technical Analysts Day: Remember, remember the 9th of September
- The generation game: Fault lines and advantages
- Elastic bands, bonds and rebounds: How to spot reversals – in charts and thinking