STA Monthly Meeting February 2005
The soft commodities are particularly prone to swings on rumour, political events and weather, making careful analysis of the charts for risk/reward opportunities an essential part of any trading plan. During her talk, Elizabeth will cover the background fundamentals of the marketplace, and how to interpret the charts with that knowledge.
Elizabeth has been a member of the Society since 1992, and holds an MSc in Economics from Birkbeck College, University of London. She is well known in the softs market, having been widely quoted on Reuters and other services.
Next STA Meeting
STA Monthly Meeting – October 2023
The main reason for ineffective strategy construction which leads to non-reproducible results in real time and hence inconsistent performance is due to not knowing the 3 critical strategy stats. To overcome this challenge and construct sustainable, scalable and reproducible strategies in a quantitative manner, the Smart Money Framework was developed by the quants in the 1960s. With this framework we will have the 3 critical stats to help us construct optimal entries, stop loss and exits. When this is further combined with volume, our probability of capturing the bigger runners increases. All of the above will be explained further in detail by the presenter.
Future STA Meetings
Latest Blog Posts
- The STA’s 55th Birthday Party: Drinks, canapés and a good crowd
- ‘Elliott Wave Outlook on Global Equity Markets’: The GPS of the markets works on fractals
- International Technical Analysts Day: Remember, remember the 9th of September
- The generation game: Fault lines and advantages
- Elastic bands, bonds and rebounds: How to spot reversals – in charts and thinking