STA Monthly Meeting – March 2017
The talk will be preceded by the latest STA Awards Ceremony for those students who recently achieved MSTA status and the award for the 2016 Bronwen Wood Memorial Prize. This event was postponed following the threatened underground strike earlier this week.
Shaun is Head of Technical Analysis at charting software provider CQG. He provides daily research to CQG clients such as banks and hedge funds and is highly regarded for the reliability of his market forecasts. He is also a partner at Oasis Research.
Next STA Meeting
STA Monthly Meeting – October 2023
The main reason for ineffective strategy construction which leads to non-reproducible results in real time and hence inconsistent performance is due to not knowing the 3 critical strategy stats. To overcome this challenge and construct sustainable, scalable and reproducible strategies in a quantitative manner, the Smart Money Framework was developed by the quants in the 1960s. With this framework we will have the 3 critical stats to help us construct optimal entries, stop loss and exits. When this is further combined with volume, our probability of capturing the bigger runners increases. All of the above will be explained further in detail by the presenter.
Future STA Meetings
Latest Blog Posts
- The STA’s 55th Birthday Party: Drinks, canapés and a good crowd
- ‘Elliott Wave Outlook on Global Equity Markets’: The GPS of the markets works on fractals
- International Technical Analysts Day: Remember, remember the 9th of September
- The generation game: Fault lines and advantages
- Elastic bands, bonds and rebounds: How to spot reversals – in charts and thinking