STA Monthly Meeting – April 2012
In his presentation, George Davis will discuss the technical approach and methodology that he uses to analyse FX and fixed income markets. An overview of chart types and indicators will be addressed as part of his approach, along with the role of intermarket analysis. This framework will then be applied in “real time” in order to assess some of the key intermarket themes that are currently impacting the various asset classes. This will be followed by the outlook for selected FX currency pairs and crosses, followed by an assessment of the outlook for key global interest rate markets, including the US, UK and Eurozone.
George Davis, CMT is Managing Director and Chief Technical Analyst, Fixed Income and Currency Strategy at RBC Capital Markets in Toronto. He is responsible for technical analysis of FX, interest rate and commodity markets. Prior to this, George was a Senior Dealer and Vice President on the spot Canadian dollar and forward foreign exchange desks at RBC in Toronto and a foreign exchange Dealer in Montreal.
Next STA Meeting
Future STA Meetings
Latest Blog Posts
- Quick video interview with Elizabeth Miller: A panellist at the STA’s April conference.
- D’mitri Richardson breezes in from Chicago: Propelled by the cycles of W D Gann
- STA Podcast with Stephen Hoad: Ahead of the Technicals to Trading Systems Conference
- Podcast with Alan Dunne MSTA: Ahead of the STA’s Technicals to Trading Systems Conference
- How NOT to write about the markets: As a technical analyst, economist or media pundit