STA Monthly Meeting April 2005
David will focus on his theories regarding the behavioural patterns of markets, their underlying psychological associations and the harnessing of internal feelings as one trades the market patterns. He will use recent examples to illustrate his thoughts, and make several key market predictions. He aims to cover as wide a range of markets as possible, including gold, oil, the dollar and US equities.
David read physics and geophysics at university, and has 18 years of experience with J P Morgan and his own firm, in both proprietary trading and investing, using the application of Elliott Wave to foreign exchange, bond and equity markets.
Next STA Meeting
STA Monthly Meeting – October 2023
The main reason for ineffective strategy construction which leads to non-reproducible results in real time and hence inconsistent performance is due to not knowing the 3 critical strategy stats. To overcome this challenge and construct sustainable, scalable and reproducible strategies in a quantitative manner, the Smart Money Framework was developed by the quants in the 1960s. With this framework we will have the 3 critical stats to help us construct optimal entries, stop loss and exits. When this is further combined with volume, our probability of capturing the bigger runners increases. All of the above will be explained further in detail by the presenter.
Future STA Meetings
Latest Blog Posts
- The STA’s 55th Birthday Party: Drinks, canapés and a good crowd
- ‘Elliott Wave Outlook on Global Equity Markets’: The GPS of the markets works on fractals
- International Technical Analysts Day: Remember, remember the 9th of September
- The generation game: Fault lines and advantages
- Elastic bands, bonds and rebounds: How to spot reversals – in charts and thinking