STA Monthly Meeting – January 2015
During his talk Saeed will focus on what the ancient world can teach us about modern money markets. How can we use examples from the ancient world, philosophers and writers to better understand the markets? Just as historians such as Herodotus living in ancient Greece examined the past, can traders look to their past to learn something new? Based on the rationale that if your primary objective is purely to make money from trading quickly, you can make decisions that perversely increase the likelihood of losing; Saeed will examine how successful trading can actually be achieved as a by-product of good trading. Relating concepts from the ancient world, such as water and risk, diversified knowledge, Herodotus and historical bias to the modern world money markets, Saeed demonstrates that by focusing on goals that go beyond making money, lateral thinking, targeting risk adjusted returns, and keeping drawdowns in check, investors will indirectly make more money in the long run.
Saeed Amen is a Managing Director and a Co-founder at Thalesians Ltd, currently publishing ground-breaking quant strategy notes, drawing upon nearly a decade of experience both creating and running systematic trading models successfully with real cash. Independently, he is also […]
Next STA Meeting
Future STA Meetings
Latest Blog Posts
- Quick video interview with Elizabeth Miller: A panellist at the STA’s April conference.
- D’mitri Richardson breezes in from Chicago: Propelled by the cycles of W D Gann
- STA Podcast with Stephen Hoad: Ahead of the Technicals to Trading Systems Conference
- Podcast with Alan Dunne MSTA: Ahead of the STA’s Technicals to Trading Systems Conference
- How NOT to write about the markets: As a technical analyst, economist or media pundit