STA AGM & Monthly Meeting – March 2010
In his talk Malcolm will discuss some of the technical analysis concepts which have been profitable for him, some of the ones which haven’t (and why that is), which ones seem to have captured the imagination of the general public, and some of the things which make a real difference such as position sizing and belief systems.
Malcolm Pryor has been trading more or less full time for his own account since early 2002. He has a library of over 300 books on technical analysis and trading. He uses technical analysis to trade derivatives including spread bets. He has published three books and a DVD and has a website focused on spread betting.
Next STA Meeting
STA Monthly Meeting – October 2023
The main reason for ineffective strategy construction which leads to non-reproducible results in real time and hence inconsistent performance is due to not knowing the 3 critical strategy stats. To overcome this challenge and construct sustainable, scalable and reproducible strategies in a quantitative manner, the Smart Money Framework was developed by the quants in the 1960s. With this framework we will have the 3 critical stats to help us construct optimal entries, stop loss and exits. When this is further combined with volume, our probability of capturing the bigger runners increases. All of the above will be explained further in detail by the presenter.
Future STA Meetings
Latest Blog Posts
- The STA’s 55th Birthday Party: Drinks, canapés and a good crowd
- ‘Elliott Wave Outlook on Global Equity Markets’: The GPS of the markets works on fractals
- International Technical Analysts Day: Remember, remember the 9th of September
- The generation game: Fault lines and advantages
- Elastic bands, bonds and rebounds: How to spot reversals – in charts and thinking